Wednesday, February 27, 2019

True Friendship

To the Women that Bring Joy to My Life

Looking back on my fifty plus years of life, I am lucky enough to say that I have had many friends. They have been from different stages and different places throughout my life. Each new chapter I have entered has brought forth new friendships and sometimes sadly dissolved old ones. 

I am still making new friends throughout my journey and I don't think I will ever stop. Getting to know new people brings with it a mountain of fresh conversations, ideas and new experiences. But if by some chance I was never to make a friend again at this stage of my life, that would be okay because I am so lucky; I have my true-est forever friends, my yaya's, my sisters. 

These women range from older childhood friends all the way up to the present. They are amazing, talented, loving and all around awesome women that I am lucky enough to have found on this planet. Old, new, far or around the corner, all in all, they are my confidants, my BFF's. These are the women I can say anything to without worrying about judgment or secrecy. These are the women who know me better than I know myself. These are the women who accept me with all my craziness and quirks. These are the women I laugh so hard with that I pee in my pants. These are my friendship soulmates. 

I am so grateful to know each and every one of these women, they know who they are. This blog post is dedicated to them and the joy they bring into my life. I love you all with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment