Monday, May 6, 2013

Ilene Price Design's Mother's Day Mandala will be included in The Artisan Group's 2013 Mother's Day Celebrity Gift Bag!

Love You Mom!

Don't forget Mother's Day this Sunday!



As with my Earth Day mandala, my Mother's Day mandala will be included, along with other artists, in a gift bag to be distributed to high profile celebrities on Mother's Day. The Artisan Group sends these bags to a Hollywood PR firm who then delivers them directly to the celebrities. Inside the bag is a booklet that explains who each artist is and a picture of their artwork that is included. 

The celebrities that will receive the gift bags this year are Megan Fox, Snooki, Jennifer Nettles, Giuliana Rancic, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Vanessa Lachey, Anna Faris, Claire Danes, Fergie, Jessica Simpson, Shakira, Holly Madison, Hillary Scott, Busy Philipps, Jenna Dewan, Kristen Bell, Gisele Bündchen, Kim Kardashian, Kristin Cavallari, Evan Rachel Wood, Sara Rue, Lisa Ling, Malin Ackerman, Maya Rudolph, and Penélope Cruz. 


When I began thinking of what I wanted to draw for this print, I knew right away I wanted to create a bright colored flower mandala that had a heart in the center. Flowers are a recurrent theme in my artwork. I was very pleased with the way it turned out and I hope you do too. I paired it with an anonymous quote I found, which is new for me. My work usually has a simple tagline like "Be Joyful". I enjoyed looking for quotes to go with my art and am planning on using more of them in the future.


My mini celebrity prints are printed on recycled paper, matted in cranberry colored mats and wrapped in teal handmade rice paper envelopes. Each is tied with raffia and affixed with a sticker. Also included in the package is a business card and a two-sided bio card just as I did for Earth Day. My print is currently available in my Etsy shop as an 8x10 matted print (5x7 image in an 8x10 mat). 

I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment