Thursday, September 15, 2011

Countdown to the Emmy's!

Countdown to the Emmy's!

I know, I know, I haven't blogged in a while... again! I was at my daughter's back to school night last night and my friend yelled at me because I haven't updated my blog recently! Sorry for anyone who is following me! 


I wanted to share some recent press with you. I was interviewed by the local "Livingston Patch" this summer and they published an article about me and my Emmy adventure yesterday! It was really lovely. Here is the link...
Ilene Price Hits Stride as Emmy Swag!


Well it's finally Emmy weekend! It's so crazy exciting! There is an event mixer tonight where my work, along with others, is displayed and the gift lounge starts tomorrow. It runs through Saturday at the "W" hotel in LA! I can't wait to watch Facebook and Twitter to see how everything goes. And, I can't wait to watch the Emmy's Sunday night, which is my favorite awards show of them all. I am such a TV nut! I hope that I will be able to have some celebrity photos to add to the blog over the weekend. We'll keep our fingers crossed and see...
The Artisan Group Table


Below is a picture of the actual "Swag Bag" we are giving out and the Emmy Guide that goes with it! Neatly packed inside is work from 26 different artisans. It's like the celebs are getting 26 different presents wrapped in gorgeous little boxes and bags. It also contains many business cards from other artisans!


The link below allows you to look inside the event guide and see small bios on each artisan displaying work on the table, (including me!)...
issuu.com

The Artisan Group to Gift Celebrities at Luxury Gift Lounge in Honor of the Primetime Emmy Awards Nominees and Presenters – September 16-17, 2011. This Guide was distributed at the event to all attending celebrities and members of the press.





If you don't have a twitter account, here is a good reason to have one. The night of the Emmy's The Artisan Group will be having a twitter party where you can win some celebrity swag by answering trivia questions. Just follow along throughout the evening. Here is the link below with instructions.
The Artisan Group Blog: September 18, 2011 TWITTER PARTY!!

theartisangrouporg.blogspot.co

Another nice thing I like about this group is that at every event they give back. This year they are giving one of the Emmy swag bags to "Big Brother, Big Sisters of the Bay Area" to auction off for a charity event next month.

The Artisan Group is proud to announce our participation in one of Big Brothers/Big Sisters' upcoming charity events!   Our group has donated one of our celebrity swag bags full of handmade products to be gifted in a silent auction at the"Celebrating Our Matches Festival"  taking place on October 1, 2011.   Twenty-seven of our amazing artisans have co-sponsored this charity event by gifting a product from their respective shoppes.    The estimated value of The Artisan Group's donated swag bag...

And if all that Emmy stuff wasn't exciting enough... I finished and launched my Etsy shop today, just in time for the Emmy Awards. For anyone who doesn't know what Etsy is, it's a handmade marketplace, like an Amazon.com for artists and crafters. After I shipped out all of my Emmy gifts to California in August, I made a whole new batch of my rectangle glass pendants. When that was finished, I spent the rest of the summer photographing, retouching, watermarking, writing and preparing my listings for the shop. I like the idea of selling in that type of creative environment. The craft and vendor shows I spent a good part of last year doing were really exhausting and time consuming. I am going to try and follow a different track this year.


Here is the link to my new shop...
Ilene Price Design Etsy Shop
I am starting off my shop with three of my products, my notecards, rectangle glass pendant necklaces and matted prints. Over the next few months I will add more products such as my initial charm bottle cap necklaces and others. It's exciting yet very scary to actual go global when you think about it. So far I've been a local artist, doing local venues. My farthest customer was a friends mother in law in Florida! Now I'm on the web! Someone from Kansas or Texas may see and purchase my work... or even someone from Peru or Spain, you never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment